(Network Bandwidth Guarantee)
Connect your business, the smart way.
- Call us
“Unitas MIRO Donuts Net” helps reduce latency and improve network consistency to your Internet connectivity by combining multiple carrier backbones including Unitas Global’s Donut Peering Network and real-time route optimization that leverages MIRO (Managed Internet Route Optimizer) technology.
Unitas MIRO Donuts Net
MIRO enhances the Internet’s default routing rule system, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), by dynamically evaluating a broader set of performance factors across a massively diverse set of possible paths.
The MIRO Donuts Net is IPv4 and IPv6 compatible to future-proof IP deployments.
The two technologies which brought about High-Performance Internet.
- 1.MIRO Technology
- The unique Internet route optimization technology, Managed Internet Route Optimizer (MIRO), enhances Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) by dynamically evaluating path characteristics including latency, packet loss and route stability to select the best route to any given destination, resulting in low latency, high availability and accelerated application performance.
MIRO technology has continuously been upgraded to improve its performance since it was developed by Unitas Global engineers in the 1990s. Now Unitas Global owns this technology through its acquisition of Unitas Global's Network Business in 2022.
- 2.“Donut Peering Network” model
- Donut Peering, put forward by Grant Kirkwood CTO, Unitas Global in the 2000s has kept expanding to the Global communication network of today. The giant network is unique in that it offers ubiquitous edge access to any cloud location by bypassing the Tier 1 core entirely, wherever possible, and creating direct connections with SaaS providers, content providers, and other Internet providers to ensure the shortest and best possible routing for the users which are connected.
High-Performance Internet service“Unitas MIRO Donuts Net”
- Intelligent Routing is now at a higher level.
- By combining multiple carrier backbones and “Donut Peering Network” with real-time route optimization technology MIRO (Managed Internet Route Optimizer) on top, “Unitas MIRO Donuts Net” helps reduce latency and improve network consistency to customer’s Internet connectivity.
- 1. Business Internet for Office in Japan
- Unitas Global Business Internet will be delivered to your office anywhere in Japan through dedicated Ethernet access lines. This is useful for global companies which require the same configuration for their headquarters and other global locations.
- 2. Internet Breakouts in Japan
- For specific communications that may present bottlenecks (such as access to cloud services like Microsoft Office365 or web video conferencing), the Internet gateway at the center site is unused, and each site can directly connect to the Internet by Local Internet Breakouts.
- 1. Esports Leader Skillshot Chooses Unitas Global for Low-Latency Network Services
- Skillshot chooses Unitas Global for its industry-leading network services. With Unitas Global's proprietary network optimization engine, Unitas MIRO Donuts Net, Skillshot enjoys the high-performance it needs to power and run its events. This technology enhances border gateway protocol (BGP) by assessing the best-performing routes in real time. The service makes a daily average of nearly 500 million optimizations daily across our global network and automatically places Skillshot’s outbound traffic on the fastest route.
- Skillshot achieves ultra-low latency with Unitas MIRO Donuts Net, which makes a daily average of 500 million optimizations across Unitas Global's global network. Outbound traffic for Skillshot event and game streams is sent on lowest latency path more than 99% of the time.
- 2. How Kabu.com Securities solved Internet speed problems with Unitas MIRO Donuts Net.
Prior to adopting Unitas Global's Internet connectivity service, Kabu.com Securities had problems with their office Internet speed. The connection was best effort, single line and there was no system in place to mitigate or avoid congestion and downtime in the network.
To solve the issues, Kabu.com Securities decided to utilize Unitas Global’s in-house technology "Intelligent Routing" which automatically choses the most efficient routing path from a number of top tier ISPs.
The best thing to come about since was the comfort that came from a stable Internet environment. In the past, latency went up during times of high usage like at the beginning or end of the workday, but since switching to Unitas Global, latency dropped to 1/20th of previous
levels and the problem of Internet quality was solved.
- 3. Chinese Cloud Business companies use Unitas Global data center and Unitas MIRO Donuts Net for high-speed Internet between Japan and China.
- Once Company A was setup in Unitas Global`s data center and began to roll out their services, their speedy and stable China-Japan connection became popular and Company A was able to acquire many new end users. Also, in the event of an outage, our NOC (Network Operation Center) team delivered speedy, high-quality support. Going forward, they are planning to further expand their Japanese base along with their services.